Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Sunday
and Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Remember to take a lot of time to remember all those who fought for us to play on this computer, eat dinner, ride bikes, pray and practice any religion we choose, walk down a street without fear of getting blown up.
And remember to Thank God that we get to live in a country where God is our focus--I am so thankful I live here and not somewhere where poverty and war is always number on

Now for my quest...

Last weekend I went to the town wide garage sale, can you say over 40 garage sales.. ooh-la-la what a fun day.. well I found a bread maker with book still in wonderful condition for $5.00 bucks. I used it last weekend to make basic white bread. The bread was hard and did not rise properly (yet still good). Of course the booklet gives you five different reasons to what you might have done wrong-so trying to pinpoint will be a challenge. Today I am making cinnamon raisin, (without the raisins)the smell is to die for-I am praying it turns out ok
I need tips.. do you use bread flour, or regular flour, what kind of yeast. I thought I followed the directions to a T but well as I said the bread didn't cooperate

I really want to get good at this as I am thinking bread for Christmas presents with a side of jam would be awesome

I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am helping my son put all his personal belongings in the attic today, as he is still staying in Ohio to care for his grandmother but managed to rent his condo out for the summer,,( he did this last year only he was still there)
I have to work tomorrow, I have to get the newsletter ready for print and I cannot work Wednesday as I am going to NYC to see the View. Scott and I are taking the ferry in at 6 am, yuck and then we will have lunch.
My niece is visiting from San Francisco on Tuesday I will have a BBQ in her honor. I haven't seen her in five years, she is so sweet and such a delight.
Okay enough chatting got to run to church
Later
Posted by Jeannette

1 comment:

Becky R said...

I use regular self rising wheat flour and the yeast in a jar. It takes experimenting. Of course there is a chance that the bread maker is broken, since you really are a good cook.

I love my bread maker, even the kids like the bread I make. Except th etime I forgot to add the kneading blade, then it was like mush not bread. Yuck!