Sunday, May 16, 2010

Things to be thankful for

I often post about being thankful, How we should praise God for all things in our life, whether it be good or bad. Today I decided to actually list some things that in the past few days I actually was thankful for.
Friday, I had off, and other than some activity around the house I didn't do much. For that I am thankful, I did have the boys and we had some fun playing freeze tag and a few other games. AT night we played Scrabble only to realize we were missing 15 letters. No wonder there were only a few "t's". I am thankful I can be a fun grandmother and my husband can be a fun grandpa (sometimes)
Saturday was the town garage sale, there were so many garage sales and so little time. I had my grandsons so I knew our day was limited. They like a few garage sales, but not as many as I would have liked. I was thankful I found new to me sheers for my bedroom. I got four panels for $10 bucks, almost brand new. I was going to pay $10 bucks each plus shipping through the JC Penny cataloge. Now I just need to order some valances or a scarf to go over them. So I am thankful that I found such a great buy, We also found two bikes to leave at our house for the boys to ride when they are here. This way they don't have to (or should I say we) drag their bikes at home back and forth. For both bikes I paid $30 bucks. I also found a new insulated lunch bag for 25 cents. I also got a Junior Scrabble game for $1.00. I could have walked around all day stopping and viewing each yard sale, but thats okay, for this I am thankful the weather was beautiful, the sun was shining, the breeze ever so gently. We also bought a kite that resembled a ship when put together, so after we got some hotdog for lunch we then went to fly it Not much flying as they (husband and two boys) couldn't the kite to fly. But they had fun
Around 3 pm, Samantha and I left to go see Bill Cosby, funny man but me thinks after a certain age perhaps written material might be best. He seemed to get lost in his train of thought with some of his routine. We still enjoyed it though and for this I am thankful I won these tickets and Sam's baby boy to be was considerate enough to let us use them..
At night, I crashed, not a car or anything like that, just crashed on the couch. I was exhausted. Having two boys for two days or was it three is tiring. But I am thankful that I have wonderful grandsons who are fun to be around.
Today I am going to get my mustache waxed, I am then going food shopping, and going to the nursery to pick up some annuals. I am also buying some weed cloth to use in my vegetable garden. I've never tried the weed stuff before but I am hoping it will cut back on my weeding time. I am thankful for products that make my life easier, so I can find time for more important things.
Well maybe later I will post more things I am thankful for

2 comments:

GAmomdb said...

There is a song, that I remember from being a little girl. I don't remember most of the words, but it was " Count your blessings, count them one by one, count your blessings, see what God has done", I don't remember the rest, but sometimes that is exactly what you need to do.

I hadn't thought of playing Freeze Tag in ages. It sounds like fun! I may try that with Taylor the next time she is here. Bailey would have no clue!

T & P
Donna

Tina said...

count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done..count your blessing name them one by one, count your many blessings see what God has done. When amid lifes toils something something something, do not be discouraged God is always there, and I can't remember the rest, could get out of bed and grab the baptist hymnal on our desk and write it,,but you get the gist. But yes, it is good to count our blessings, they far outweigh the negative.

T